Metropolitan Transportation Plan
GUIDING OUR TRANSPORTATION FUTURE -- THE UPCOMING 2045 MTP
Planning work and public outreach efforts on the 2045 MTP will begin in the fall of 2019 with completion of the 2045 MTP due in September 2020.
2045 MTP PUBLIC PARTICIPATION & UPCOMING EVENTS - Click HERE for more information!
CLICK HERE to view the FMPO 2045 MTP website!
THE CURRENT 2040 MTP
The Farmington MPO has developed a long-range regional transportation plan, the 2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan. which was adopted on September 24, 2015. View the 2040 MTP document here (approx. 15 MB).
Online AppendicesMany items belonging in the 2040 MTP Appendices are too large in format or too lengthy to include in the document itself, including some maps and materials from the public outreach. These materials are listed below.
Appendix A - Public Outreach and Public Review of Draft
The MPO held a Stakeholder Workshop on February 5, 2014 to gather input on the 2040 MTP. The meeting was attended by transportation advocates representing the entities, transit, health, the disabled, the elderly, the schools, and others.
- View the meeting notes and comments
- View the summary report and recommendations, plus notes from stakeholder meetings
- View the summary and results from the online survey and mapping tool
- View an appendix with open ended comments from the online survey and mapping tool
- View the results from surveys conducted during the 2014 San Juan County Fair
You may also view the slideshow of results from public open houses and online survey and mapping tool as well as the slideshow of results from paper surveys completed during San Juan County Fair 2014.
The MPO held public open houses as part of the 30-day public comment period for the Draft; the public comment period ran from August 12 to September 10, 2015.
- View Map 1-1, Farmington MPO Area
- View Map 5-4, Roadway Projects by Tier
- View Map 9-1, Regional Bicycle/Pedestrian Improvements by Tier
INDIVIDUAL CHAPTERS OF THE 2040 MTPHere are the individual chapters:
- View chapter on Introduction
- View chapter on Existing Conditions & Trends
- View chapter on Public Participation
- View chapter on Project Prioritization Method
- View chapter on Roadway Plan
- View chapter on Transit
- View chapter on Complete Streets & Roadway Aesthetics
- View chapter on Freight, Air & Rail
- View chapter on Bicycle & Pedestrian Plan
- View chapter on Public Safety & Health
- View chapter on Security
- View chapter on Transportation Policies & Strategies
- View chapter on Financial Plan
- View chapter on Implementation Plan
- View chapter on Performance Measures
With questions regarding the 2040 MTP, please contact Mary Holton, at 505-599-1392 or email@example.com.
2035 MTP DOCUMENT
The FMPO adopted the MTP 2035 on April 15, 2010. In April 2011, the Transit Plan was amended to include the recommendations described in the Red Apple Transit Study. In December 2014, the Roadway Plan was amended to show phasing details for the extension of Pinon Hills Boulevard.